Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Greatest

I recently had the pleasure of photographing a wedding in Louisville, Kentucky. I'll post pictures from the wedding in a few days. Until then, here are a few I took at the Ali Center. If you are ever in Louisville, please take a couple of hours to visit. You will not be disappointed!
Steps outside the center that you can walk up and view the riverfront
Reception area. They even offer a AAA discount!
I've got to get artsy! Here's a couple of shots of the escalator that takes you up to the 5th floor auditorium to start your journey with a great film presentation.
There is an extensive proactive exhibit depicting the racial and cultural climate of the times. It really puts in perspective the courage Muhammad Ali had.
First person accounts of what Muhammad Ali meant to people
You can watch every Ali fight with the original commentary
It's hard to tell from the picture, but I'm a floor up shooting down at a full size boxing ring. They show a 15 minute prerntation on the ring floor.
Another set of stairs
A juxtaposition of buildings I thought was interesting
The Louisville Slugger museum. I didn't have time to go ionside, but next visit I will.

No comments: