Sunday, October 21, 2007

A New York minute

I've just returned from a whirlwind weekend! Arrived in Philadelphia on Thursday evening; spent about an hour and a half with my daughter, grandson, and 3 months old granddaughter; drove up to my brother's house in Plainfield NJ, and got to bed about midnight; up at 6 am to catch the train to NYC for the Photo Plus convention and an appearance at the Pictage booth. I got the chance to appear in the "ask the photographer" session at the Pictage booth with the living legend Joe Bussink. Visit his website and you'll know how honored I am to have had the opportunity to appear with him. I also got to visit with my friends Calvin Hayes, Claire Kubota, the BluDomain crew, and Regina Fleming. It was also very nice to have Dr Paul Docktor hang out with me at the show. I photographed Paul and Diana's wedding back in 2002, and Paul is an avid photographer. It was pure coincidence that he was in New York at the same time I was and was thrilled to be able to attend the show. I also had a chance to finally get my hands on the new Nikon D3. This amazing camera will be mine as soon as it is released next month and I cough up $5000! After the show, I caught the train back to Jersey around 6, but when I got to the massive parking garage at MetroPark station, I realized that I forgot to write down my space number. After walking around the garage for 45 minutes, I finally called on God's help and the rental car appeared around the next corner! You have got to have faith! Saturday, I visited my mom and my sister and her family in Union, NJ, stopped by Jimmy Buff's for an Italian double hot dog, drove back to Philly to spend the rest of the day with my daughter and her family. Then up at 4 am to catch the 6:30 am flight back to Denver.

I was greeted in Denver by a raging snowstorm, but as I'm posting this, it's long gone with the sun now shining brightly. You gotta love living in Colorado!

No wedding pictures this time around. I thought would have more time taking pictures around New York, but I only had a few minutes before the sun set and grabbed a few on the walk between the Javits Center and Penn Station.

Peeling paint on a garage door.
An exterior light fixture hanging down.
An interesting juxtaposition of a car billboard.
I love the mood of this photograph.
I love playing with shapes and angles. The fog adds to it.
The crosswalk on 7th with the masses headed for Penn Station.
Riding the escalator down to the train platform.
Here's Cupcake!
And here she is with her big brother Biscuit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back buddy! When are we going to see the "art prints" website? LOVE those photos of New York!

CR