Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Ritz-Carlton presents "Down the Aisle"

I had the opportunity to participate in the Ritz-Carlton's "Down the Aisle" This was the second time this event was produced, the first being at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, Florida last year. It was an evening of fashion, style, and inspiration for future brides. Down the Aisle featured Austin Scarlett, Creative Director of Kenneth Pool and designer from BRAVO'S Project Runway's first season. The event was produced by Lisa Konecny of e-events and Kristy Chenell, Director of Catering Sales for the Ritz. I met Liz just a week ago during a trip to Orlando, so I was really looking forward to last night's event.

The wedding gowns designed by Austin for Kenneth Pool were spectacular, as was the food and beverage provided by the Ritz. Plus, I had a chance to hang out with some of the finest wedding vendors in Denver!

Believe it or not, this was the first time I have ever participated in a bridal show of any kind! Here's a picture of my table. If you stopped by last night, thank you!
The models awaiting their turn "down the aisle"
The signature champagne cocktail
From the model's left, Kristy Chenell, Austin Scarlett, and Lisa Konecny
Each model did a little "vogueing" before stepping on the runway.
I can't be satisfied with only doing straight shots of the models on the runway; Ryan Joseph and Garrett and Joy Nudd were there to do that along with my friend, the awesome Jeffrey Stoner handling the video. Here are a few that I had a bit of fun with.
And finally, a self-portrait.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Travis,

It was wonderful to see you twice in one month, and I have quickly become a fan!
Thank you so much for your support and blog-love-

Hollie said...

These are totally awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing your talent. I ran across your blog from your website and I look at it often. I am still in love with your work.

Katie Humphreys said...

Hey Travis! These are beautiful! :)

My husband Chris and I are friends of Jenna Walker who's spoken highly of you and we happened to come across your site! I think you are also a fellow Pictager!

Anyway, these are just gorgeous- I love the ones of the brides coming down the aisle- you really stepped out of the box!

We're often in Denver, so hopefully sometime we can meet, or maybe see you at Partnercon :)