Friday, June 08, 2007

Beth and Joe

Beth and Joe are getting married tomorrow! I'm looking forward to their wedding for a couple of reasons. First, we had a great engagement session last month in LODO. When I first met Beth, she seemed very shy and I thought it was going to be a bit of a challenge to photograph her. Wrong! She and Joe were a joy to photograph. Affectionate to one another, spontaneous, and open to everything suggested during out photo shoot. Tomorrow should be a lot of fun.


The second reason is that I get to work with my first assistant/intern Krista. I met Krista last year while photographing her sister Janee's wedding. She was the Maid of Honor. I had no idea she was a photography student until I delivered the parent's album from her sister 's wedding to their house. Krista was busy doing Poloroid SX70 transfers to fine art paper when I said "whoa, what are you doing?" Krista shared her passion for photography with me. She's been on photo expeditions to Mongolia and South America and has had work published in Time magazine. Of course I asked her if she was interested in wedding photography, and she said yes! So here we are working our first wedding together. She's going to be great! She's got a great eye, a natural sense of composition, and a great personality. Welcome Krista!


Gotta go! It's Friday night and that means date night with my wife!

2 comments:

Krista Johns said...

Just saw your post Travis, I'm so excited about today! Thanks so much for all your amazing advise and inspiration! See you at the church,

Krista

cbrinton said...

You're going to LOVE working with Travis...he is absolutely the BEST!