Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Trip, an Engagement, and a Wedding

It's been a very busy two weeks since the last post. I traveled back east to attend my daughter Nyya's graduation from Prism Career Institute. She completed the Medical Billing and Coding Program. I also got to hang out with my grandson Osirius, who just recently turn 6 years old. He is a joy to be around and melts everyones heart that comes in contact with him.

My grandson Osirius
My daughter Nyya
While in Philly, I had a chance to visit the best steak sandwich place on the planet, Dalessandro's on Henry Avenue. When I lived in Philly, this was a must visit at least once a week. I'm happy to report that it hasn't changed a bit! It's exactly the same as it's been since at least the 70's!


I also visited my mom and got to see 5 of my 13 brothers and sisters on a side trip to Jersey. My sister Tracy lives around the corner from Holsten's, which was the scene from the final episode of the Soprano's.


The engagement session was with Jennifer and John, who will be getting married on July 27th at the St Julian in Boulder. They are really cool! I'm really looking forward to their wedding after the great engagement session.

Outside the Boulder Theater
At Conor O'Neill's where they shared their first kiss, and we had a surprise from the manager!


I love this picture of them.


At the bandshell in the park.

And back at the Boulder Theater.


Today, 07.07.07, was the biggest day of the year for weddings, and I had the pleasure of photographing Kelly and Gary at St Micheal's Town Square in Greeley. I was also fortunate to have my friends Ken Sandberg and George Yingling shoot with me. Ken is a fine photographer based in Ft Collins. We've been trying to coordinate our schedules for sometime so that we could shoot together. The wedding was the first of three gigs he had scheduled today; He's an iron man! George is an old friend who attended Hasselblad University with me back in 1998. I haven't seen him in several years so it was great to reconnect. George brought his Hasselblad H3D-39. That is one impressive piece of equipment. It better be at over $20k! Here's a few images of the beautiful bride, Kelly.



And because of contractual restrictions, this is the only picture of the groom that I can show online. This was right after he was tossed in the pool by his new father-in-law and his groomsmen. With the temperature of at least 100 degrees, it was a welcomed dip!

1 comment:

Novel Gift Baskets said...

These are beautiful Travis! I can't wait to see the rest! Thanks for such a wonderful day! :)
-Kelly