Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I want to take a moment and wish everyone a Happy New Year and a safe New Years Eve; be careful out there!

This will be the last post on Blogger. I have a new Wordpress blog that I hope to have "live" in the next week or so. If you are on Facebook, check out my page where I have posted a photo album "thank you" to all the brides and grooms that I have had the honor to photograph in 2008.

I had wonderful clients in 2008, and had the opportunity to photograph in some very cool places. My favorite photo from the year was a very simple one, in the corner of the photo gallery in the Museum of Contemporary Art in Denver. The early evening light played against the gray walls and Betsy looked Vogue Magazine stunning in her gown.
Here's my favorite image from a workshop. I had the pleasure of co-hosting another workshop with the great David Beckstead. At the end of a long night shoot, we directed the model inside the fence of a trash dumpster. With David holding a video loght on the other side of the fence, I was able to capture this image at ISO 12,800. I think in this case, the spot color of the red lips works too. My apologies to all the spot color haters:-).
Let's all have a great 2009!

No comments: