Tuesday, February 26, 2008

F-Stop Beyond

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from Ron Dawson, founder and creative director of Cinematic Studios. Ron has recently been named to the EventDV 25, one of the top 25 event videographers in the industry as voted by his peers. Ron wanted to include me in a tribute to Black History month as he put it, "as one of the high profile African Americans in the pro photo community." I didn't know:-)! Being in the company of photographers Matthew Jordan Smith, Jeff and Julia Woods, Joe Photo, Robert T. Williams, and Jesh de Rox, among others, I was very humbled by his request and you can listen to the interview on F-Stop Beyond here. Be sure to listen to all the other interviews too!

I'm going to make a few subtle changes to my website over the coming week. A new color scheme and new images. This will be in anticipation of the new BroxtonArt website which should be up sometime in April. Let me know what you think of the changes.

Last Thursday I attended the ICON Awards, and I though it might be appropriate to wear a jacket and tie as opposed to my uniform of choice, solid color t-shirts. My wife wasn't home when I left, so she had no idea. When I came home, she was so impressed that she insisted on taking my picture. Here it is for all to see!
One more thing, if anyone out there is into bands like Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Gentle Giant etc, check out the internet radio station morrow.com

2 comments:

Jenna & Matt Walker said...

oooooo laaaaa llaaaaaa!!! you dress up nice trav!!

Unknown said...

Hi Travis,
I just heard you interview on FSTOP beyond. I enjoyed your thoughts and perspectives.
Best wishes to you.